Saturday, May 23, 2009

Missing my Launch Party and seeing Shauna Lake

Well, I was excited about our Broadcasting class field trip to the TV stations in Salt Lake City. We left at 7:30 in the morning, which seemed like plenty of time to get back for my first county-wide book launch signing, but nooo. My mom called my class advisor just as 5:00 rolled around, and we were just leaving Salt Lake. So she went to the book signing for me and put sticky notes on all the books people bought with the names I was supposed to sign them to. I was kind of mad because I wanted to be there.
When we were in the parking garage at Channel 2, our advisor had gone somewhere and told us to wait in the van. That's when newscaster Shauna Lake got out of her car. One of the kids yelled, "There's Shauna Lake!"
Ms. Lake came over to our van and spoke right into my window. "What are you guys doing here?" she asked with a smile.
I looked from side to side, but no one else was speaking up, so I said, "Um... we're on a field trip?"
"Okay, have fun," she said, and walked away. I'm sure she wasn't even out of earshot before we all burst out laughing.
Well, we could say I made an impression on a TV news reporter that might get my foot in the door for an interview. Maybe that was worth missing my first book launch party... but I don't think so.

4 comments:

  1. It's too bad that you missed the book launch, but like you said, now you have your foot in the door for an interview with Shauna Lake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reviewed "Bone Warriors" out at my blog. Great job on the book, Bron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I know I commented on you seeing Shauna Lake. Where'd it go, hmm?

    Gremlins.

    ReplyDelete